Recently, I had a classic party night where I was too tired (and also too drunk) to take off my make up when I went to bed. Let’s be honest girls, we’ve all been there. The next day is usually as traumatizing as remembering what I did. With my skin breaking out and my body hating me, I researched some ingredients for a life saving face mask.
I combined a few stable ingredients to create my favorite face mask to date. This face mask is wonderful for moisturizing and reducing pimples and redness. Here is the list of ingredients and their benefits!
Turmeric: A wonderful anti-inflammatory that is great for pimples and reducing redness. It can also heal pimples heal faster.
Coconut Oil: If you haven’t heard about coconut oil then you need to get on this train immediately. it’s anti-bacterial and anti-fungal and is an incredible moisturizer for the skin and hair.
Tea Tree Oil: Tea Tree oil has been known for many years as a wonderful oil for treating infections such as acne. Also helps with relieving redness.
Lemon Juice: Also helps to reduce pimples and brighten the skin.
Here is the recipe for this face mask! Give it a go!
Turmeric Face Mask
1/2 TSP Turmeric Powder
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
Few drops of Tea Tree oil
Squeeze of lemon juice
- Melt coconut oil in microwave in short 20 second bursts. Allow to cool.
- With a fork, stir in turmeric powder, tea tree oil and lemon juice until well combined with no lumps.
- Using a make up brush, apply mixture evenly over face and neck, avoiding the eyes.
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a wet, hot flannel and wash face. It can sometimes leave some yellow coconut oil on the skin. If this happens proceed with steps. If not, you are done!
- Follow by exfoliating or using a flannel to remove the yellow color from skin. Rinse face with water. Finished!
- Repeat weekly or whenever your skin needs some extra love!