Winter is coming up fast and my mornings are consisting of me trying to sleep in as long as possible to avoid the cold, which in turn, is cutting into my breakfast time (my second favorite part of the day)
For those people who are like me and cannot bear an early get-up to make breakfast or families who have a thousand things to do in the morning, then this recipe will surely help. This recipe calls for making the night before, allowing you all the time in the world the next day.
With oats as the base, you’re getting a cup full of fiber and nutrients to start your day and keep you going for longer. Added bonus: It’s basically a pudding so everyone wins here.
When you add liquid to oats or chia seeds, they absorb it and swell up creating this creamy thick pudding! You can flavor it with maple syrup or cinnamon and top it with a variety of grains or fruit.
You can even make it in your take away mugs or containers for breakfast on the go. Say hello to a little more sleep and a little less stress with this recipe.
Overnight Oats w Chia Seeds & Berries
Creamy oats packed with flavour and fiber to start the day. With chia seeds for omega-3 and protein and berries for sweetness.
- 2/3C of wholegrain oats
- 2/3C of almond milk (or dairy free milk of your choice)
- 3 Tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp of mixed berries
- 1 Tbsp shredded coconut
The Night Before:
- Combine all ingredients except berries in a jar, mixing well.
- If using berries within the mixture, add now, otherwise save for topping.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight.
The Next Morning:
- Remove from fridge and add you favourite toppings. I chose mixed berries and shredded coconut but feel free to add a variety of fruits and seeds to top.